Saturday, September 17, 2016

Smart, Saved & Sexy: The day Abstinence and Celibacy Met UP


Abstinence meaning: 
ab·sti·nence
ˈabstənəns/Submit
noun
the fact or practice of restraining oneself from indulging in something,

Celibacy meaning: 
cel·i·ba·cy
ˈseləbəsē/Submit
noun
the state of abstaining from marriage and sexual relations.

In may of 2012 I enjoyed my last intimate act with the person I said 'I Do' to; not only to him but to anyone. I decided at that point because our lives as husband and wife were on a downward spiral letting go sexually was the start of letting go mentally and spiritually. He didn't notice. God had. 
Abstinence and Celibacy have two different meanings but, depending on your life, help with one thing: being prepared for what God has for you(us) in the long run which is our end result. 

In the midst of this, I share with you TODAY the realities of both from the perspective of a single woman. When I made the decision in 2012, I did so in order to see what my then husband would say or do, because he did nothing it was easy for me to understand and see my lot in life as a woman chosen for ministry and a higher calling. I was able to see and hear what God was saying to me and the assignment at hand. You do realize four years ago I made this spiritual pact. I anxiously await my future king, but I serve God first while waiting.

Today Abstinence and Celibacy have met up. I am sharing this with you because the choices we all must make in our singleness is vital to the doors that must remain closed until our God ordained husbands show up. Doors that must remain intact until God sees fit. This is why I serve and this is why I stay in the position of prayer. 

Ladies your sexuality and sensuality is in held by you in the understanding of WHOM GOD IS AS YOUR FATHER. A father will not put you in a place where you will succumb to temptation, So you have to make the choice to live according the word given us. Your temple, and your call. LINE IT UP WITH THE WORD OF GOD. 

1 Corinthians 6:18-19
1 Corinthians 7: 32-40
1 Corinthians 7:2
Romans 10:17

It is my hope that you are encouraged to do what is necessary in keeping yourself pure until the time the Lord says different. 

Dana Williamson 




No comments: