Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Author on a Mission

This interview is long over due. Tonya Franklin is a blessing in the Christian Authors  industry as she doesn't hold her tongue, doesn't stop pursuing God's purpose, and doesn't stop trying to encourage others. One of the best things you can do right now is read her story. 


"I Speak. To Empower"

Tonya is the author of Good Customer Service Tips for Entrepreneurs 
as well as Women on Purpose: Bible and Business, 
and the new powerful fiction release, Devil in Disguise. 

She has served as a contributing writer for numerous publications such as: 
Million Moms in Action, SpeakWoman Magazine, 
as well as an professional expert with BrandHer P.e.a.r.l.
 And has been spotlighted in Ann Marie Bryant’s Reader’s Café, 
Reading on the Edge Book Club, 
and B.R.A.B. (Building Relationships Around Books).



How long have you been writing? Nearly 30 years. But I didn't take the plunge to become a published author until 2 years ago.

How many published works do you have? I have three.
  

What is the genre you focus on? I have various focuses. My first book was on customer service (business development), my second book was on women and business (spiritual and professional development), and my current release is Christian fiction.


What were you focusing on with this particular book? With my current release, I wanted to focus on the development of Christian relationships. Sometimes it is easy to see inward looking from the outside. I wanted to switch that view, and give readers a look from within.


Any new releases? I have two coming this summer. One is a devotional and the other is my first Christian mystery series release.


As a writer are you also a speaker? Yes, I have been speaking for 15 years. Last year I decided to add it to my author brand, to seek more exposure and opportunities in speaking. As a speaker, I cover spiritual and professional development topics.


What would you like to tell new writers/authors to motivate them? 

Don't be afraid of the journey to discover your passion, and when you find it, walk in it. And don't listen to those who say "you can't". Every invention or idea was once upon a time impossible. If God gives it to you, do it. Write your journey; everyone's point of view is based on their own individuality and experience.

Thank you so much for stepping into the life of Tonya Franklin. B.A.D. will be interviewing her on BLOG TALK RADIO during the Christian Author Expo in October. Ms. Franklin's website and contact information are listed below!

www.tonyadfranklin.com
booksbytonya@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/tonyathewriter
www.instagram.com/booksbyonya

No comments: