Tuesday, April 25, 2017

I'm not TOUGH as NAILS



I'm not.

I don't feel tough.




I feel squishy.

Kind of out of shape.

Speak what I think.

But I'm not TOUGH AS NAILS.

I am DANA WILLIAMSON. Just me. Just life. Just ministry. 

But I'm not TOUGH AS NAILS.










Can we answer what is TOUGH AS NAILS anyway:
(as) tough as nails. also (as) hard as nails. strong and very determined: She is a warm and friendly person, but she is also as tough as nails at work. (Definition of “(as) tough as nails” from the Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary © Cambridge University Press)

I can't even imagine why someone would say I'm tough as nails when my transparency is real and I am weak. Not weak in the sense I can't handle this but weak in the sense of HUMILITY. I am not tough as nails, but I am somebody. I am important to somebody. God didn't pull me out to put my in a rut. 
I'm tough, no, BUT Oh yes, IM STRONGER THAN YOU THINK. 

Nehemiah 8:10New King James Version (NKJV)

10 Then he said to them, “Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

Joshua 1:7New King James Version (NKJV)

Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go.
I know the word. 
I don't curb the word. 
I don't lie about what I feel. 
I don't tell the devil everything. 
I AM DANA WILLIAMSON. 
I come from a family of entrepreneurs, ministry leaders, gun toters, criminals and B.A.D. WOMEN
Tough as Nails? No
Strong..Yes...I am somebody. 
You're not even invited to the table. 

“I am many things, stupid is not one of them.”
Olivia Pope, Scandal
They are a non-factor. Why are you worried? 

No comments: