Monday, December 22, 2014

Motherly Wisdom #22: I told you so!

There is nothing like stepping back and watching things unfold exactly like you said it would. I mean truly we don't want to say I told you so, but it happens. I watch my children ignore what I say, or just say okay Mom, but then after about 2 or 3 weeks, I find out it happened just like I said. I try  not to laugh, but I just WAIT FOR IT.


Our purpose and plans, as parents, is to teach and hope that our children grasp on to what is necessary for their lives. If they decide that they don't want to do what MAMA says, that's fine. But when they keep getting a bloody nose, because they keep hitting a brick wall, just hand them the towel and keep walking. 

No, I'm not trying to be mean. I'm being honest. The truth shall set you free! If my mother wasn't so mean about the truth, I might have listened as I got older, but that's another lesson on the couch with the LORD. 

None the less, try not to tell them I TOLD YOU SO. Just wait for it! 


Dana Neal
Coach and Mama 

No comments: