Friday, February 29, 2008

Family Friday: Something For ME! (abstain from sex)

Welcome to Family Friday! I am here to talk to day to the parents about teaching your kids to abstain from sex. Our teens need to find something for them! What will make them feel good as individuals; young men and women.

1 Corinthians 6:15
Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never!


Romans 12:1
[ Living Sacrifices ] Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual [ Or reasonable] act of worship.


I failed that test. I didn't teach my child how to value herself and her body. Yet, I haven't totally failed in life. Just like I understood my mother and her relationship with PEOPLE, well after I was an adult, my daughter will understand what I was attempting to teach her.

Romans 7:5
For when we were controlled by the sinful nature, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in our bodies, so that we bore fruit for death


My conversation with you today is about our roles as parents. We might miss our mark and that's okay! We can't beat ourselves up about what is or isn't happening{positively} in our children's lives; we have to keep praying and pushing forward.
The bible says:

Matthew 10:21
"Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death.


This will happen, is happening, and the Christians have to change the outcome. Get on our knees and pray to the Lord and rebuke Satan!

We have to train our children that our bodies are not our own and we have to come out on top with the the help of the Lord. We must encourage them according to the word of God. By no means am I saying spoil them, but encourage them so that they too can see what you see from the Spirit. They are our children. A parent is better than a friend, a grandparent, etc.

Ephesians 6:4
Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.


Colossians 3:21
Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged.


I encourage you, if you don't feel ready to teach your child/teen, about saving their bodies for their husbands/wives share with them www.iamworththewait.com (click the title above). You will be doing an AWESOME thing in their lives!

No comments: