Friday, December 05, 2014

Motherly Wisdom #5: It's not the Material Things

Let's face it, if you truly think a gift makes it all better, you are so sadly mistaken. I mean, as a mother, if you have been ignorant, you better believe buying ME A PRESENT won't change how ignorant you PROBABLY STILL ARE; there is no substitution for that.  

If you think material things makes it all better you're wrong, unless you're paying rent and buying Mama diamonds. Yes, I diamonds might help, but rent would be better. 

I'm sharing this THIS WAY, because some of your children, are truly using and abusing you, and THINK, that a gift makes it all better. 

Where do they get that mindset? What is wrong with them and the intelligence God gave them? Why not just act right? Why not just do right? 

I know from my MOTHERLY EXPERIENCE, that my children have tried this with me and it has utterly failed! EPIC FAIL. I would rather go without than have them continue to be foolish about what matters most to me. 

What does matter most? THAT THEY CHANGE THEIR MINDSET AND GROW UP. 

You might be thinking the same thing about your children, may be not; either way, don't let material things trump the life you want them to lead, and how they respect you in the process. 

Dana Neal
Coach and Mama! 

No comments: