Thursday, September 02, 2010

Featured Woman Biz Owner Jenn Mitchell




Work at Home Mom goes from Flab to Fab and Cowardly to Confident

Jenn Mitchell (aka Coach Jenn) is the Chief Motivational Officer at PersonalFitCoach.com.She describes herself as "fun, hard working, compassionate, energetic,positive, and very interested in helping others." She is now proud tosay that she is in the best shape of her life. Her passion is helping other moms make health and wellness a priority in their busy lives.Achieving fitness goals is a very personal experience. Jenn aims to provide her readers with the information to help make the choices thatwill work for them.


Stop by PersonalFitCoach.com to keep up with Jenn's experiences and advice or sign up for her free fitness coaching at http://beachbodycoach.com/coachfitjenn If you might have an interest in becoming a coach too, check out http://getpaid2getfit.net for all the info. Jenn would LOVE to have you on her team.


HER STORY:

Throughout my life, I was always a relatively active person, butafter having two children, and approaching my late 30's, I really lost my motivation to workout and my metabolism went down the drain. I was nearly 50 pounds overweight, unhealthy and very unhappy. I had horrible insomnia and my doctor even recommended that I go on an anti-depressant. My daily activities really just included taking care of the house and my two young children. I had little motivation to do anything else.

My children were both under age 4 and I felt likeI could barely keep up with them. When I wanted to go to bed BEFORE them, I knew that something had to change. One day, I saw a commercial for P90X (an intense 90-day fitness program) and thought, I'd love to do that someday, but felt like it was far out of my reach to achieve something that looked so advanced.

I started my workout program with a small goal toride my exercise bike 10-20 minutes each day. Once that felt easy, Idecided to up my goal to 30-45 minutes. During one of my 45-minuterides, I saw a commercial for Turbo Jam. I thought it looked like funso I decided to give it a try. The combination of my bike rides and the Turbo Jam DVDs helped me to lose my first 25 pounds.

As a stay-at-home mom with two young children,putting ME first to fit in my workouts was a challenge. But, I asked myhusband to watch the kids as soon as he got home from work so that Icould make the time. Adjusting my diet was also a challenge with my "meat and potatoes" husband and kids who eat the usual kid food likehot dogs and mac-n-cheese. I began tracking my calories and tried mybest to eat as clean as possible.

One I felt up to it, I decided to tackle P90X aswell. It was probably the most intense 90-days of my life, but it wasso worth it to change my body and truly change my lifestyle for thebetter. During this time, I also decided to start blogging about health and fitness at personalfitcoach.com. It has been so wonderful to share my experiences with a wider audience and the support and feedback has been amazing.

After my weight loss, I am almost speechless to describe how good I feel. I now have an understanding that fitness is not all about the superficial but making yourself healthier, more confident and positive. I now have the confidence to help others to achieve their health and fitness goals. As a mom, all other moms ask me how I did it. I am now finishing up my Personal Training certificate and will be doing one-on-one and group training in the fall.


Jenn Mitchell (aka Coach Jenn) is the Chief Motivational Officer at PersonalFitCoach.com.She describes herself as "fun, hard working, compassionate, energetic,positive, and very interested in helping others." She is now proud tosay that she is in the best shape of her life. Her passion is helping other moms make health and wellness a priority in their busy lives.Achieving fitness goals is a very personal experience. Jenn aims toprovide her readers with the information to help make the choices thatwill work for them.

Stop by PersonalFitCoach.com to keep up with Jenn's experiences and advice or sign up for her free fitness coaching at http://beachbodycoach.com/coachfitjenn If you might have an interest in becoming a coach too, check out http://getpaid2getfit.net for all the info. Jenn would LOVE to have you on her team.



Jenn Mitchell
978-261-5268
Proud Mom, Wife, and Fitness Coach
Blog: PersonalFitCoach.com
Biz: Beachbody Fitness Coaching

No comments: