Wednesday, April 07, 2010

The Past

Today I'm talking about life as we knew it. I needed to come HERE to write this because I want it to reach the masses. There is purpose in all of our lives that is important we attain. Now, what you take from this is totally up to you, but you have to see, hear, meditate, and understand.

THE PAST

What does this mean to you? What does it meant to the people around you? Are you running from it? Have you decided that it is not yours to remember? Have you repented of all your wrongs and asked God to forgive you? Who were you and does that matter now?

I was taken to Proverbs this morning and the scripture bothered me. It bothered me in a way that was not pleasing to my understanding. You see, the words weren't clear so I studied each verse aquainted with it and then studied those verses. I looked in various bible versions to get a clear understanding and then put in my journal a question that you will see later.

The verse is Proverbs 9:18 But he does not know that the dead are there,
That her guests are in the depths of hell.
 
Doesnt' say much does it? So look at Proverbs 2:18, 7:27 and 5:5
 
After you do that look at what the message bible says about 9:18:
 
Madame Whore Calls Out, Too


13-18 Then there's this other woman, Madame Whore—
brazen, empty-headed, frivolous.She sits on the front porch
of her house on Main Street,And as people walk by minding
their own business, calls out,"Are you confused about life, don't know what's going on?
Steal off with me, I'll show you a good time! No one will ever know—I'll give you the time of your life." But they don't know about all the skeletons in her closet, that all her guests end up in hell.

Now this is deep!

Now, I'm wondering how many of us can understand where we are in this. This would mean, and it goes against some of my most recent messages, but this would mean that you have to look at your past and really see if there are any skeletons in your closet. You have to know if you are acting immorally in anything that you do or have done and your HAVE TO lay prostrate to get healing, to get over and to get it right!


Noah Webster's Dictionary(bible dictionary) says immoral is


(a.) Contrary to conscience or the divine law; wicked; unjust; dishonest; vicious; licentious; as, an immoral man; an immoral deed.

As I read this, I decided to look at what is divine law and found this definition that will help us ALL get to the point we need to be and thus getting over the past.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_law
Divine law is any law (or rule) that in the opinion of believers, comes directly from the will of God (or a god). Like natural law (which may be seen as a manifestation of divine law) it is independent of the will of man, who cannot change it. However it may be revealed or not, so it may change in human perception in time through new revelation.

In Thomas Aquinas's Treatise on Law, Divine Law, as opposed to Natural Law, comes only from revelation or scripture, hence Biblical law, and is necessary for human salvation. In Aquinas, divine law must not be confused with eternal law.

This definition can go in many directions, but still, you have to know what you are doing wrong in order to get right. If you are going against the Divine Law..God's law then you are not in right standing.

So, if you have  not opened the closet of your past to let the skeletons out and be buried in the cemetary of repentance and God's forgiveness, you need to do that NOW! The past IS the past, but in order to get over it you have to put it in your face and do what's right. Get rid of the guests of your past; get rid of what is dead and bury it in the proper place. Do not teach about getting over the past if you haven't yet. It is a wonder that I have seen this scripture today as I was having issues with my past previously. I couldn't understand, this day, if God was telling me that I was an immoral woman in the biblical dictionary sense. So I can be transparent and humble to say, YES, I have been immoral but I will not go on in that manner. I am looking in the closet of my past, and giving the dead a respectful burial place.

I can't help you until I help me first...so today is the day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANKS FOR LETTING THE LORD USE YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU SISTER