Sunday, November 05, 2006

Putting God First

I have struggled so trying to put into perspective what I want my businesses to be about. Well, all those years ago, it was about my kids. The reason why I started; why I pushed myself, etc. Yet, I didn't progress. I never failed. I just didn't go far. Over the years I had strong ideas, better incentives, and strong business ethics that overflowed to my customers. Yet, I didn't progress. I was running this race towards prosperity the wrong way and without the right partner. Basically, I didn't do, at that time, what I knew best. That was to trust in the Lord. Proverbs 3 verse 5 and 6 states "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight." My path was soooo crooked. Yet, after years of trying, I stopped; I took a break and I redirected my life and my business to put God first.

Proverbs 28 verse 20 says "A faithful man will be richly blessed, but one eager to get rich willnot go unpunished." (compare: Prov. 23:4 "Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint.")
To give you insight on where I am now, I have fully dedicated my businesses and my life to giving back to God; He gave me my gifts. I put him first! I named my retail (gifts) business after my children; the children Father God blessed me with. Everything I began in this business, I did for the family I started so long ago; during the trials, during the tribulations; during the time I was trying to find myself when I first got saved in 1995 and then trying to rescue that family in 1999. My event planning business has been renamed with an Acronym to explain who I am as a Child of God.

I am faithful that my Father will look at my heart, and my works and keep me on the straight path in life according to His word. The spirit will continuously direct and convict me in life and in business. I am spiritually working a larger aspect that will take me from the 9-5 and put my husband and I in higher place in God and finances. It brings us together in family and in spirit as we have been in marriage, but stronger. God can do a mighty thing when you put Him first! Matt 6 verse 33 and 34 says "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well."
I have been seeking what I can do for God, so I can (1) make it to heaven and (2) be blessed here on earth.

I praise God that He has given me a mind to not lose sight of my spirituality for my business. It's about who HE brings to me. Right now I am thankful for the future. I am blessed by God's grace and mercy; my business is blessed by God's grace and mercy. I will not compromise my salvation for the world. I will always put God first.

No comments: