Monday, October 09, 2017

Smart, Saved, Sexy: Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

What exactly is being fearfully and wonderfully made? What was King David saying to the Lord at the time this prayer and praise was penned? 

Psalm 139:14New King James Version (NKJV)
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.

I believe the King knew, despite his many flaws God made him GREAT! Yet, it doesn't stop with how God made the King but how HE created all of us!


I suggest finding the biblical definitions of fearfully and wonderfully to come to full conclusion what King David was trying to convey but here, for this text, I'll share my thoughts (and what I agree with):

In the original Hebrew text of the Bible, the word fearfully means: with great reverence, heart-felt interest and with respect. The word wonderfully means: unique, set apart, marvelous (darlingmagazine.org)
So what is your Fearfully and Wonderfully made story? Are you Naked, Unafraid and ready to tell it?

Telling your story is helpful to another and can provide you with release! God bless you!

No comments: