Thursday, April 26, 2007

Structure

It's been on my mind~~ why does one son not eat what is given and why does one son eat too much? Well one son is growing and the other only pays attention to what's in front of him...the t.v., the computer, the mom. So I decided that the Moma has to do what is best for all the kids...even the teenager who thinks junk is a good substance for missing lunch. ??????????????

Prov. 13: 24 "He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him."

It's time that my kids had a little more structure. It's time we sat down again and ate together. We pray together in the morning...we talk about things that are important to us together...we need to eat together. 1. So I can see what is NOT happening in the mouths of my children. 2. I can get them involved in my cooking. :)

My study bible says that the "rod" imparts wisdom and promotes a healthy and happy family. (Prv. 29:17) Discipline is rooted in love. (Prv. 3: 11-12)

....and structure is not bad! Momas are to be everything to everybody with the strength from the Lord praying and prasing him all the time.

Prv. 26-27 says: She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue. {Instruct the kids on what and how to eat}....She watches over the affairs of her househould and does not eat the bread of idlesness.{keep the kids in check!, and don't talk about the family to other people.}

So, I praise God for this direction and wisdom today...because it's important that we, MOMAS, don't steer from the direction of the word. The bible is my little handbook on getting it right for my kids and myself.

1 comment:

ConfidentGurl said...

Thank you for posting this Dana. I need to correct my own eating habits as well. I identify with the teenage son who does the junkfood. not as bad as I used to but theres room for improvement.