Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Have I put my trust in things.........or even people??

I don't know where I have been. Times have changed all around me, and I haven't paid attention to the wants and needs of others. Sometimes, I start off the day so well with prayer and conviction (yes, the spirit convicts) I don't get here to write. That will change...I'm writing today...now and forever more..(so cliche')

Let me share a scripture that I was taken to today that caused me to think.
Job 31: 24-28 "If I have put my trust in gold or said to pure gold, 'You are my security,' if I have rejoiced over my great wealth, the fortune my hands had gained, if I have regarded the sun in its radiance or the moon moving in splendor, so that my heart was secretly enticed and my hand offered them a kiss of homage, then these also would be sins to be judged, for I would have been unfaithful to God on high."
Job is saying had he put his trust in things he would have sinned against the Lord. That is wrong...put HIS trust in things...that's not faith...you can't put your faith in things in seen..
What does Hebrews say? Verse 1 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." I know the Father can do all things.....I have the faith the size of a mustard...I don't put my trust in things or people.....because the physical will fail you immensely...but the spiritual will guide you, correct you and pick you up if you let HIM....so
Where have you put your trust or better yet your faith??

No comments: