Monday, January 22, 2007

Families

I have noticed in the past few weeks that families can be weakened by doubts in the hearts. It is rough. It is time consuming. It is prideful. Pride is an idol. There is a lot to learn spiritually if you are going to make it in God's world without doubt and without pride. The 1st question is how? The second question is why? The second question is easy, if you're a child of God, you know he told you to so do it. Cut and dry.

Then, you must show yourself approved. Study the word...learn the word... 2nd Timothy 2:15 Says "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." The word of truth is the bible. I've said this before..but it's hard for people to swallow; even Christians. If we walk the walk and talk the talk...we better be able to back it up. I mean seriously. I have seen families in the same church not talk with one another and still try to be blessed with "their saved selves". I'm not one to judge...I'm only one to pray. I don't know what is happening from one house to another and carnally it's not my business.

Spiritually, the Lord wants us to get along. There isn't time to nickel and dime everyone. There isn't time to continue to say this is life and that's it. There isn't time to say I know the word, but I'm scared. Families have to be strong, 1. in the their own homes, and then 2. in their extend families (grandchildren, stepchildren, in-laws etc)...because you have to encourage everybody. If families don't start encouraging those that are close to them, others will see that and they won't encourage them either. We have to be a blessing in order to be blessed.

Some scripture on family: Gen 2: 24, Eph. 2: 19, James 1:18 , Joshua 24: 15, Psalm 127:3.


No comments: